# Users and Roles
All internal users of the platform make up the team, and each member of the platform can be assigned a specific role to unlock the full potential of the system.
To create and add a new team member to the platform, you must click on the "New" button at the top of your interface and complete the fields. Once the registration is completed an invitation will be sent to the user by email, you can choose whether to send the login password in the same message.
To check all users, you can filter by their status and by their roles within the platform.
If you want to deactivate an internal user, you must click on the action button to the right. If you want to edit their data, you can use the same button, or click on their name.
# User Editing
When you enter the edit view of an internal user, you will see in the main tab a list of all his actions since he registered and logged in for the first time to the platform.
The rest of the tabs include visible or modifiable user information:
- Sites (to which they have access)
- API access
- General data
Roles are an essential characteristic of each internal user of the platform, since roles allow you to optimize the workflow that each internal user has.
Modyo has 8 default roles with different functions by area or application. The platform also allows you to create more custom roles, depending on the area of the platform.
# Default Roles
Modyo uses default roles that vary according to each section of the platform and the context:
# Account-level roles:
- Default admin: You have all existing permissions.
- Default user: You have all existing permissions, except for the ability to edit account settings.
# Site-level roles:
- Site admin: You have all the permissions at the level of a site, but you cannot create new sites.
- Site reviewer: A site admin, but without the ability to edit the site configuration.
- Site developer: Can only edit resources (cannot publish, delete, rollback or edit the configuration).
# Space-level roles:
- Space admin: You have all the permissions at the level of a space, but you cannot create new spaces. Space admins can create and delete assets.
- Space editor: A space admin, but without the ability to edit the space configuration. This role does not have asset permissions, nor can it create types.
- Space writer: Can only edit content (cannot publish, delete, rollback or edit the configuration).
The most important user will have the role of Default Admin or Administrator with all permissions and functions enabled to manage the platform and sites.
# Custom Roles
To create a specific role, click on the "Create" button at the top of the interface.
Then you can give it a name and select the role's permissions and the functions of the platform that this role can view and manage.
The functions that can be modified are:
- Account management
- Account activity logs
- Account API applications
- Asset manager
- Commerce settings
- Email templates
- Mailer API
- Commerce orders
- Payment methods
- Roles and permissions
- Account signups
- User custom fields
- Account users
- Team review
# Assign one role per account
To assign a role at the account level, you must go to the Team section and click on the profile of the user, then switch to the Role tab and select the role you want to assign to the user.